Majestic Hills RANCH & COVID-19 in 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Majestic Hills Ranch did not open as anticipated in May and had to cancel it's in person fundraisers. The following is our proposed Phased Reopening Plan for Therapeutic Riding in our Children's / Adult's programs. We are unsure of when we can offer services to our military veterans, but will let existing rider know once we formulate a plan for HOH.
MAJESTIC HILLS RANCH Phased Reopening Plan
& COVID-19 Infection Control
Last updated 6/22/2020
Majestic Hills Ranch (MHR) will be reopening for classes in a phased sequence. Dates may change due to CDC, national, state, or local recommendations. The phases will be as follows:
Phase 1: Returning Volunteers [May 18th – June 19th]
- We are asking volunteers with horse experience to come out to help get our equine associates more prepared for classes to begin. We will be grooming them, lunging them, and working with program equipment so that they will be ready to go once we start with the next phase.
- These riders will need to be able to mount and dismount the horse with minimal assistance.
- These classes will focus on riding skills so that there will be minimum handling of program equipment. We will limit the number of riders to 2 per class.
Phase 3: Riders that need only 1 sidewalker and 1 leader, and the sidewalker will need to be a parent or caregiver that brings the rider. All parents/caregivers assisting will be given training in sidewalker safety protocols, which includes volunteer paperwork and background checks. [Tentatively July 27th – September 3rd] 6 weeks in length
- These riders will need to be able to mount and dismount the horse with only medium assistance from the instructor.
- These classes will incorporate limited amounts of easily disinfected equipment. We will restrict the number of riders up to 3 per class.
Phase 4: Riders that need 1 sidewalker that is a community volunteer or 2 sidewalkers with one of them a parent or caregiver. [Tentatively September 14th – October 29th] 7 weeks in length
- These riders will need to be able to mount and dismount the horse with medium to full assistance from the instructor.
- These classes will incorporate limited amounts of easily disinfected equipment. Class sizes will be at normal capacity of 4 riders.
During all Phases, we ask the following:
- Only 1 parent or caregiver bring the rider each class and that siblings and guests are kept away.
- Riders, parents, staff, and volunteers must wear a face mask as all times at the ranch
- When we are riding in the indoor arena, everyone entering the Clubhouse must wash their hands at the kitchenette sink when arriving and wash their hands in the bathroom sink when leaving. Soap and towels will be at each station. (Please let staff know if either is running low.) We will have baby wipes and/or hand sanitizers by the outdoor arena to clean hands if needed and disinfect before classes begin.
- Please keep to designated areas so that disinfecting can be done at the end of the night.